There are many ways to help encourage a healthy pregnancy, labor, and birth. The list below is a great place to start.
– Take Responsibility for your health: Birth is a marathon, preparation in advance will help with good birth outcomes!
– Chose your maternity care provider and birth setting wisely: Choose a provider that will be supportive of the kind of birth you want, has low c-section rates, and is overall supportive and encouraging.
– Learn about medical options before, during, and after birth that can affect you and your baby: The more you know about your options in birth before baby comes will determine your ability to make informed choices in labor and birth.
– Brush up on your maternity benefits and rights at work: Stress is a big hinderance to labor so aim to have as many things off of your mind as possible to prepare for the big day!
– Plan for support once your baby arrives: You will need help and more likely than not many people around you will want to help. Use those support systems!
Check out my Blog on Healthy Habits in Moderation
Source: Healthy Birth Initiative