As a doula I believe that families deserve all the support they need to make informed decisions, have access to evidence based information on pregnancy, birth, and child rearing. I also believe in the evidence based studies that show families and mothers who are supported throughout their labor and birth have better birth outcomes, lower c-sections rates, and their baby’s have better APGAR scores.
Is a Doula Right For Me?
1. Do you have specific desires for your journey? You do not have to have an unmedicated birth in order to hire a doula, many families who have epidurals or C-sections still hire a doula to be there during their birth journey. Studies show that families who choose doulas are more satisfied with their overall birth experience.
2. Are You Looking for Additional Support Before, During or After Birth?
Doulas work tirelessly to make sure that you have the information and support to make informed decisions and gain physical, emotional, and informational help throughout your pregnancy and labor. A doula can also support you by advocating for you, your baby, your family, and your rights.
3. Do you want to learn more about your rights?
Doulas are invaluable sources of a wealth of knowledge and can be a great way for you to expand your knowledge. Families who are informed of their rights and informed on basic elements of birth are more likely to make informed decisions and more likely to be satisfied with their birth experience overall. Voices of eve also has an Online Childbirth Class to help with this too!
4. Can You Afford Doula Services?
Costs for doulas vary depending on your needs and the area you live. Voices of Eve is dedicated to making empowering services accessible to everyone. One of the ways we do that is making our costs low to begin with. Package costs start as low as $200. Another way we do that is by providing ways to get discounts. Discounts range from 15% to 45% off! You can find the discount form here!
What the Build Your Own Package Looks Like
Remember that these are individually priced options. If you choose more than one you will get a package discount.
– Prenatal Visit: $120
– Virtual prenatal visit: $75
– Labor planning session to help train your support person/persons: $120
– Postpartum, Birth Plan, or Breastfeeding Planning Session: $120
– Nursery Prep and hospital bag packing Session: $120
Labor and Birth Options
In person labor and birth support: $445 (must choose Prenatal visit options with this option)
– Virtual Labor and birth Support: $250
– Birth Photography: $645
– Labor Photography: $395
– On call for birth photography or sibling doula: $50
– Additional photographer at your birth: $300
Consider going in with some other moms to get a group rate on some of the above services with up to 5 other families. You are responsible for networking and finding these families. If you would like help with this contact Abbey and see if there are any current groups that need filling.
– Labor planning session to help train your support person/persons: $200
– Postpartum, Birth Plan, or Breastfeeding Planning Session: $200
– Hospital bag packing Session: $200
– Newborn Photoshoot: $600